Slightly different centre console!

roscoegray

Reaction score
After deciding i wanted to get an aftermarket head unit, as i had the dreaded volume problem, i didn’t want to have the head unit adapter bits of plastic that filled the missing holes!

So using some fibreglass repair filler and spray paint i modified the original centre to look, hopefully, a bit better!

This is what i ended up with and thought i would share! I am very pleased with the results!!

Also got rid of the two buttons at the top!

DSCF1789.jpg

DSCF1791.jpg

Thats pretty ****** good if I may say, highly impressed to say the least, hat of..........

I really like that.
Don't suppose you have an "progress" pics of it do you
as in whilst you were making it different stages etc.
I have modified an A4 or A6 adapter to fit mine and I have never been 100% happy with the overall result.
The difference being in mine that I had double DIN HU before and have a single DIN now.

I'm in the same boat, with a double-din stereo :( Had to chop up A4 adapter to fit the after market HU and was never happy with the result.

roscoegray, that looks like a one hell of a job mate.

That does look rather good! well done, I just got some of those plastic pieces to fill the gap either side of the new head unit recently, and after looking at your pics am wishing i had done what you have done, lol...good job!

Graham - You can leave them plastic things in and using fibreglass filler you can fill the gaps, sand a few times and then re-spray and it should look good. Just takes some playing with.

Effect - I don’t think i have any pic's, when i get a chance i could write a little 'how to'.

Glad you all like it, cheers for the comments!

awesome job, plus i like your headunit ;) got the same in mine and its made it harder to part with it for the rns-e

Evilbow - I took the centre part out, i bough a new one from audi to put in untill i finished this one, which is my old one. Glad u like it!

jusr purchased 2nd hand one from sleazebay gonna attempy this as my badly fitted stereo really annoying while i'm driving