Audi A3 2001 - JVC CD Changer

dandowftm

Reaction score
Hi,

After finally finding the Connect2 cd changer cable in my A3, i tried out a friends Sony changer and it worked fine. I have just this morning recieved my JVC changer (CH-X550) and can't get it to work. I know theres power getting to it as the eject button is working. But when i press the Mode button on my Audi Concert I stereo nothing happens.

Has anyone else had a similar problem and can you help me with this?

Thanks,

DanDowFTM

Don't think JVC are a supported brand. You can't just plug any old changer into the standard HU, even with an adapter. The Connects2 adapter only supports Sony, other adapters are available, but only for Alpine & Panasonic/Matsushita IIRC.
Never seen anything for JVC, why did you choose that brand?

Don't think JVC are a supported brand. You can't just plug any old changer into the standard HU, even with an adapter. The Connects2 adapter only supports Sony, other adapters are available, but only for Alpine & Panasonic/Matsushita IIRC.
Never seen anything for JVC, why did you choose that brand?
Hi, thanks. I have since bought a sony changer, and all works fine. Only problem i've found is i can't seem to select any CD apart from 1 to 6. The changer is a 10 disc one. Im not overly concerned about this just a slight problem really.

Yes that's right, it will only go to disc 7-10 if you let disc 6 play all the way to the end IIRC, you can't directly select any discs above 6.

Which adapter will i need for an alpine changer from a RNS-E HU. Where can i get one from.
Cheers