Sky InsuranceEM Tuning
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    18

    No Sound Through Bose System

    Hi can any one help just picked up my s3. It has the concert tape upfront with sub in rear.
    There is sound from the front but nothing from the rear, tried undoing plugs and replugging back in , adjusted all settings but still no sound please help.

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #2
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by jatbass View Post
    Hi can any one help just picked up my s3. It has the concert tape upfront with sub in rear.
    There is sound from the front but nothing from the rear, tried undoing plugs and replugging back in , adjusted all settings but still no sound please help.

    I have just checked i have a single driver in the sub so i take it i don't have Bose system, i have checked driver side rear compartment no amp, but its baffeling me why no sound from rear speakers do you think the headunit could be faulty.

  4. #3
    Moderator

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    World of my own
    Posts
    9,813
    No the rears are driven off the amp inside the non Bose sub.
    Could be faulty amp, or wiring, but my guess would be wiring.
    Can you post a pick of how the HU is connected? Could be they refitted the stock HU and didn't connect the rear pre-outs to the audi loom, or they butchered the wiring when they fitted an aftermarket stereo making it difficult to reconnect to the stock loom when they came to sell the car.
    "How to tear apart the ties that bind, perhaps fcuk off might be too kind"
    Alex Turner

  5. #4
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyMac View Post
    No the rears are driven off the amp inside the non Bose sub.
    Could be faulty amp, or wiring, but my guess would be wiring.
    Can you post a pick of how the HU is connected? Could be they refitted the stock HU and didn't connect the rear pre-outs to the audi loom, or they butchered the wiring when they fitted an aftermarket stereo making it difficult to reconnect to the stock loom when they came to sell the car.
    Hi mate thanks for comming back to me.the car has only had one owner from new.when I went to see it the. Headunit was in safe mode, the dealer took it to Audi to get the code. Picked up car yesterday I didn't notice at first there was. No sound from rear . I have even plugged my pioneer in to see if was the hu. Still no sound from rear, but when you llook closer the ISO for the speaker terminal only has two speakers running of it which I guess is the front.

    The factory unit has 2 ISO connecters a long connector with just one wire. Then another which had numerous wires which I guess is the cd changer and the rear setup.

    What do you think I should do? Sorry unable to send pict at the moment.

  6. #5
    Moderator

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    World of my own
    Posts
    9,813
    You should have:
    Brown ISO - front speakers
    Black ISO - Power
    Big red connector with only 1 or 2 wires on it - illumination
    20 pin mini ISO - CD changer, DIS & rear pre-outs
    If the last one is connected to the HU, and the red plug is connected to the sub in the boot, then I'd suggest first testing the sub connector has power and is getting the remote on trigger from the HU first.

    If 12v is there on both perm live & remote on (with the HU on), then you'll need to remove the sub for further investigation, or simply replace it as there are usually a few on ebay for around 25.
    "How to tear apart the ties that bind, perhaps fcuk off might be too kind"
    Alex Turner

  7. #6
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyMac View Post
    You should have:
    Brown ISO - front speakers
    Black ISO - Power
    Big red connector with only 1 or 2 wires on it - illumination
    20 pin mini ISO - CD changer, DIS & rear pre-outs
    If the last one is connected to the HU, and the red plug is connected to the sub in the boot, then I'd suggest first testing the sub connector has power and is getting the remote on trigger from the HU first.

    If 12v is there on both perm live & remote on (with the HU on), then you'll need to remove the sub for further investigation, or simply replace it as there are usually a few on ebay for around 25.

    Thanks Andy you have been a great help, just a quickie is there an amp inside the sub that sends sound to the rear speakers and if so can i replace it with a different amp if it is faulty.

  8. #7
    Moderator

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    World of my own
    Posts
    9,813
    Yes the rear/sub amp is inside the sub enclosure. You could replace it but you can buy the whole assembly for 25, whereas to fit a different trimode amp you'd be hard pushed to find one that only requires a 5amp feed & would fit in the same space, otherwise you'd have to mount it elsewhere and run proper power.
    This is the amp:
    "How to tear apart the ties that bind, perhaps fcuk off might be too kind"
    Alex Turner

  9. #8
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    18
    Thanks Andy I have checked the wiring is ok. it has to be the amp in the sub bec there is a live feed all working at the back on the harness to the sub.

    Please can you tell me where I can by an amp to go into the sub and how do I take the trim apart without breaking it.

    Cheers.

  10. #9
    Moderator

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    World of my own
    Posts
    9,813
    You can grab this one pretty cheap I'd imagine, wouldn't spend more than 25 though.
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AUDI-A3-3DR-97...1%7C240%3A1318
    To get the old tupperware unit out:
    First remove boot lip panel. Unscrew the 4 Torx screws holding the lip panel in place, unscrew both rear cargo anchors, and the front one on the passenger side.
    Remove lip panel by flipping it upwards to release the rubber.
    Then remove boot panel. Unscrew the stupid plastic screw up near the rear of the tail lights, up inside the cubbyhole, and prise out the interior light and feed it back through the hole.
    The only thing holding the panel now is a single metal clip on the curve of the boot opening and the boot rubber. Grab the panel where it curves round the back lights and pull hard towards the drivers side to release the metal spring clip. The clip will remain in the bodywork, so remember to prise it out with long nosed pliers and reinsert into the panel.
    You should be able to wiggle the panel around now and get it free. It is lightly clipped to the light grey panel above. The back of the boot panel (towards the front of the car) will still be attached to the car as there is a hidden screw under the rear speaker panel that you can't get unless you remove the speaker panel, but you will now have enough room to get the sub out without tearing half the interior trim.
    "How to tear apart the ties that bind, perhaps fcuk off might be too kind"
    Alex Turner

  11. #10
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    18
    Thanks Andy will try next week to get sorted.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO