Audi A3 Sub problems. Any one got one for sale?

roscoegray

Reaction score
Having problems with Audi A3 sub (non Bose), well not working at all, have tried all possible solutions and cant get it to work.

got aftermarket headuint now and don’t work, kept cutting out when had original, but i think i have got all the right cables and stuff so at a loss now, can only think it is the amp in the sub.

So if anyone has a A3 sub they don’t need, live near Heathrow, i could pop over, plug it in, if it works buy it!

Anyone with info let me know!!

Cheers

Do the rear speakers work OK?
The rears run off the same amp inside the tupperware sub (unless you've rewired them to the new HU), so if they're working it's unlikely to be the amp, and the wiring must be OK, so must be the sub speaker. Either way if the wiring is OK then probably easier to buy a replacement unit off ebay, they only reach about £20.

cheers for the reply andy, No rear speakers ant working either. Might do some tests on the wiring 2day and see if i can find anyother problem.

I had a look on ebay, and cheapest on there was £60 + 15p+p. Will keep looking.

CHEERS!!

Yes, just see that one after i posted! Stupid me!

BUT ANYWAY I FIXED IT.

I got the multimeter out, and i was getting near 12v, and when i fired-up the headunit i was getting 12v to the switch live.

So got the headunit out, licked my fingers, and touch the pre-out and the back speakers poped!! So it seems the amp was working.

So had to be the headunit, got online and got a manual, and there are some setting you can change regarding the pre out. IM SURE I DIDNT CHANGE THEM, BUT AFTER TURNING IT BACK ON IT ALL WORKED!!

So cheers Andy for you help and having a look on ebay. I nearly bought that one, but through i would give it one more go. Have been trying for like a month!!

Cheers again

New problems!!!

Now i got the sub working its cutting out every now and again! It did this with the standard head unit, but also had the common volume problems so presumed the cutting out was because of the standard unit.

But it seems not, Andy do you know if this is a common problem?? If not could it be the Amp, worth getting another one??

Cheers

Not heard of this problem before. How have you connected the pre-outs to the Audi loom to feed the rear/sub amp?
Does it cut out when you turn the volume up, or go over potholes, or is it just randomly doing it?

Just randomly? bumps in the road dont seem to do it, there seems to be no link to volume?

Any ideas?