re-fitting a concert hu

weematty

Reaction score
Hi guys.

Im just new to the site so go easy please.

I have just inherited an A4 S-line as a company car after one of my ex-colleagues finished last week.

He took his kenwood double din system with him so i was left to try and refit the old concert hu myself.

I was able to get the hu functioning but with no sound (its a bose system) as the speaker connectors have a brown iso connector on them and will not fit into the audi block.

I went and got one of the parrot bluetooth kit couplers and was able to move things around from one block to another and get the brown speaker iso connector block connected to the concert hu.

And once again everything worked but the sound.

I decided to trace all 4 of the cables connected to this block and followed them all the way to the boot though i had previously assumed that they would have went directly to each door but now i am assuming they are connnected to the amp somehow.

The only other cables that i have are a yellow (taped up, not used in the kenwood) and a red which was connected to the kenwood loom somehow.

I tested one of them and its a permanent live and im assuming the other one is switched live. They are both fused in below the steering wheel.

I feel that the answer lies with these two cables but im unsure what to do with them.

Any answers would be great guys. I have it booked into Audi in the morning but if i could sort it myself it would save a few shillings.

Ta
Matt

STOP, do not let an Audi dealer near it!
The Bose system is fully amped, so no speaker connections exist at the HU.
You should have 3 original connectors, as long as the previous owner didn't butcher them to fit the Kenwood)
1. Black ISO power connector - Earth & perm live
2. Big Red plug with few wires on it (Tel Mute, brightness)
3. A solid black 20 pin mini ISO block (long thin connector with 15-20 wires coming off it). This is the feed to the Bose amp, as well as the DIS/CANBUS & CD changer if fitted.
Chances are this has been butchered if the right adapters weren't used as this should plug straight into the top connector on any Audi stock HU and work.
It looks like this:
AudiminiISOblack.jpg

Post a pic of the wiring you have and we'll definately be able to sort it out.

I don't seem to have the same connections as you.

This is the type of HU connector that i have, though on mine the yellow block for the speakers is missing and i have the brown iso instead that does not fit:
Audi5.jpg

do you think that the brown connector is there for the bluetooth function of the old kenwood hu??? and was tapped off the amp somehow??

Sorry should have realised it was a new A4!
Can you post a pic of the schematic on top of the HU?
And also the wiring connectors on the Audi loom?