Help with A3 Ice?

BarryM

Reaction score
Ive just bought a 2004 Audi A3 2.0Tdi Sport, it has the Symphony 6 disc head unit, it also has the centre speaker, tweeters, normal speakers and a sub behind beind the casing in the passenger side of the boot.

Im new to the Audi scene so im not very clued up on these systems, it sounds quite good for standard,
I was thinking of putting my Genesis system out of my previous car into it, but am now deciding to keep it standard,

Is this setup standard on this model of car or does it the "Bose" system fitted, as it has all these speakers, could anyone tell me the easiest way to tell,

If this isnt the Bose system,, how much difference in terms of Volume and sound quality does the Bose System have over this,and how hard is it to fit?
Any help appreciated, Cheers :beerchug:

Easiest way to tell is look at the sub in the passenger cubbyhole. The Bose one looks like this:
DSCF4517.jpg

With Bose clearly embossed into the front of the tupperware enclosure.
Also you'll have a silver amp in the opposite cubbyhole:
DSCF4514.jpg

Retrofitting the Bose system is really not practical as all the speaker wiring and power looms have to be refitted as well as all the speakers and the sub. That's a lot of work for not a significant improvement. Far better spending the time & effort on an aftermarket upgrade retaining the stock HU or better still replacing it.
GTiJazz's thread is an excellent write up on this:
http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=40815&highlight=56k+picture+warning