Canbus problems

clcollins

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I Had my Becker Traffic pro fitted to my 2nd A3 yesterday, but typically it didn't go smoothly.

The fitter, who is very good and I trust to give me the truth, tried two canbus adapters but the unit still could not get a signal.

What's more the clock/calander has reset to zero, and my windows don't close with the 'one touch' feature /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

What do I do?

The fitter says I need to go to Audi to get them run some diagnostics, but I can guess what Audi will say, something like sorry you have invalidated your warrenty by connecting into your canbus, not our problem

All help appreciated

On my A4 you have to reset your one touch ups after disconnecting the battery. Can't remember how but sure you would find out how on audiworld as i think it's in a tech article or search this forum.

Surely your fitter is insured, so if they've broke it, shouldn't they pay?

Are you using the canbus so that the becker displays info on your driver information system? If you're only using it to turn on the head unit surely you could just run a switch live and splice the illumination cable off a light switch???

[ QUOTE ]
ajmackie said:
Are you using the canbus so that the becker displays info on your driver information system? If you're only using it to turn on the head unit surely you could just run a switch live and splice the illumination cable off a light switch???

[/ QUOTE ]

The fitter tells me he's using the canbus to get the speed signal, so the unit can measure distance. I am quite confident in the fitter, he has done alot of work for me before.

I have a dual programme chip encoder (can switch between standard and modified), and it also has a fault clearing facility, I did this and the windows work fine now /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Now to get the canbus working /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Aha I see!! You could always take a connection from the back of the speedo. If you got a haynes manual (or ur fitter does) then it will tell you which wire is the vehicle speed, that is unless that is a bus too!! Good luck!