inbuilt ipod connection

worthingmale

Reaction score
hi

looking at buying an ipod for my a3, is there any particular model that i need to buy

never bought an ipod before so didnt know if they all had the same fitment

cheers

Any iPod with the data port on the bottom (so all models except the older shuffle) will work. The iPhone and Touch are the only models which sometimes have problems, therefore you need to make sure that the interface you're buying is suitable.

Is it Audi's own interface (as an option with the car) or one you are buying seperate?

I would suggest the A3 dension kits - they're compatible with all iPods and are just as good (sometimes better) as the Audi interfaces.

Hope this helps! :sm4:

its audi's own interfacre one

my sister had an ipod thingy put it in but ti didnt feel sturdy,

so many different models

I have a 2007 A3 that did not come with any factory fitted iPod interface. I had one fitted a few weeks ago by my dealer - cost was £85.00 for the interface and £61.69 for fitting.

Visably it is basically a lead with an iPod interface plug in the glovebox and I connect it to a 8GB 3rd generation iPod Nano (not the current 4th generation) which I purchased second-hand on eBay for £85.00. Any of the latest iPods will use the same interface.

Loaded all sorts onto the iPod and it works fine through my factory fitted Symphony III radio/CD player.