Bluetooth Phone Bonding - Help!!!!!

scotsgogs

Reaction score
I have an 06 plate A6 with MMI High and has the integrated phone option in the centre armrest (motorola handset preinstalled).

I am trying to pair my new Sony Ericsson W890i with the car (so as to automatically pair up with the car when I get in) but am woefully failing in my quest.

I'm following the owners manual instructions but it just doesn't seem to be successful as i'm not getting any connectivity for my phone through the car.

Can anyone please provide me with an idiots guide as to how to achieve this (assuming it is possible). Any assistance would be greatfully welcomed.

Cheers.

yes, when seaching for new devices on my phone I can find the car ok, I get the option to 'proceed with bonding', input a code (any 4 digits seems to work) and input the corresponding digits into the car via MMI. This all works ok but thereafter I can't see anything that indicates that the phone is 'paired' - is there a way to check this or is there anything else I need to do with either the phone or the car settings (switching off the in-car phone or removing the sim car that's in the armrest holder for example?). Cheers.

You cannot pair a mobile to that built in motorola system.

It is basically another mobile phone system, hence the SIM holder.

So yes, you can "pair" with it, but you cannot connect with it like the standard hands free system found in other Audis with the cradle plate.

Either use a dual SIM system or replace it with the a bluetooth system.

thanks guys - bummer!!! Here was thinking it was an all singing system too. Never mind. Cheers.