Odd sound coming from BOSE speaker?

tobycruse

Reaction score
Getting into my S3 for the first time i noticed a funny noise coming from the driver side rear door. It sounds, very faintly, like a leaf caught in a fan. Its very quiet and does not seem to change in volume when i turn up the volume. It only comes from that speaker.

Does anyone know what it could be?

It'll be the amp on the way out probably, is it like a fluttering sound?
Probably a dry solder joint somewhere on the amp. Bose amps seem to be prone to it.

It'll be the amp on the way out probably, is it like a fluttering sound?
Probably a dry solder joint somewhere on the amp. Bose amps seem to be prone to it.

It is a fluttering sound, i will take it back to Audi when it has its first oil change, get them to replace the fluttering amp!

The car has just been to Audi, they heard the sound and recommended replacing the speaker. I said to them that this wouldnt make a difference as the speaker has to be driven to make the odd sound. So, they have sent a report to Audi and are awaiting to hear back. Im sure Audi will come back to say replace the Amp or the Head unit. To be honest i have noticed a lot of hissing from the speakers, maybe the Amp is just a faulty one!

The car went in last Wednesday, have just phoned Audi now for an update. They say they still cant find the problem! How many things could it be? Amp, head unit, speaker? Watch this space, will let you guys know as soon as Audi come back to me with something useful!