Sky InsuranceJMB Retrofits
    Reverse Gear

Status

Audi A3 (2004) Symphony II to Symphony II+

Hi, I wonder if anyone could provide some advice. I have bought a Audi A3 54-plate which has the Symphony II head unit (6-cd changer with tape deck), however the car was sold as having an MP3 head unit.

I've been talking to the Audi garage where I bought it from to see what they can arrange, and after 8-weeks the only option they came up with was replacing it with the Symphony II+ unit.

However, I received a call from the garage today to say that they couldn't fit the Symphony II+ unit; apparently the connectors will not fit.

Does anyone know if it is possible to replace the Symphony II with the II+ with Audi official parts (thats all they will use). I'm sure I read that there was a converter cable, but I can't find where I read this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    Yes it is possible, you need a set of Symphony II to RNS-E adaptors and a few mods for Battery safe and BOSE if fitted.

Also you will lose the AM reception as the 54 plate has a different antenna system to the 57 plates. HF/ZF to HF/HF.

I found that swapping the connectors over for the radio antennas provided the best results.