EM TuningChris Nott
    Reverse Gear

Status

Help, dension 100, ipod classic and the airbag

Hi

My friend and I just installed a dension 100 in my Audi A3 (08) with a standard concert radio, the link seems to work ok, e.g. I get all the CD's showing up like a multichanger and I can select CD6 and choose track 3 for the Gateway input and then the ipod screen switches to the Dension logo and locks out the ipod, but switching CD's doesn't change the playlist it just carrys on playing the current song.

Anyone know if the classic is actually compatible with the Dension 100?

Also since taking the glovebox out and disconnecting the airbag lock cable I've got a red airbag warning on the speedometer on the dashboard (i.e. not the yellow notification that the passanger airbag is off below the radio).

Ta in advance for any help.

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    Have you got 4 playlists setup, the way I understand it CD1-4 = playlist 1-4

You will need VAG COM to clear the airbag light, you must have turned on the ignition with the glovebox lead disconnected.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Hi yes, I've deleted and recreated my playlists, and pushing CD5 it seems to cycle through them, but directly pushing CD1,CD2 etc. it doesn't change the playlist.

And yes you're right we did test it with the passenger airbag disconnected, so that explains that. If I take it to my dealer will they charge me a fortune? my other concern is its a lease car and they might not be too happy if the dealer reports back.
    Last edited by robomonkey; 14th September 2008 at 16:37.

Status
    They do tend to charge but will clear it as part of a service if you have one coming up as it's a common enough fault
    "How to tear apart the ties that bind, perhaps fcuk off might be too kind"
    Alex Turner