RNS-e audio outputs

sakkie69

2008 Audi S3
Reaction score
Is there like an adaptor one can buy that will give you the 4 outputs and remote amp wire from the quadlock (like an interconnect) from the RNS-e. Just before I start cutting up the harness, because it is a bit of mission to try work with the very short play on cable there.

Lastly, does the 8P A3/S3 have any tweeters in the back, or just the one mid? I must admit, I've never been looked in my car I wouldnt know :uhm:

Thanks!

Andy any possibility of some wiring help please, I know you absolutely hate Bose & dont worry its just a basic question on wiring fella, just need to know if my 8P Bose amp rear drivers quarter has the following:

Can hi/lo wires
KL15 or 30 power
Ignition switched live

Reason being I have pdc to run to front but no point if I can pickup from the amp I think you'd agree & seems to stand to reason it should have pretty much all these.

Would appreciate any wiring colours for them fella please.

Thanks in advance.

NHN

Im retro-fitting BOSE at the moment, Mine has no CAN connections on the amp.

Ahhh ****, lol, thought might have some can connection for diagnosis at least.

It'll have permanent live, but no ignition on or CANBUS. The CANBUS only extends to the HU, and that's pretty basic, more config than diagnostics.

Retrofitting Bose? Nice!

cheers andy for the info, oh well cant be lazy on that one then, lol

I knew you'd say that to Isaac about Bose, lol

Andy as your a wiring guy do you know if the german referring as "Ignition Plus" is related to KL15/30 connection?

Just realised convenience module has canbus connections, idiot, lol, now to find the pins for that.

I know many people dont like the BOSE upgrade, but I've heard it in a few A4 saloons and its better than the stock set up IMO. I want to keep the car looking OEM. I dont want extra amps and bass boxes filling the boot. I cant be ***** fitting speakers that arent exact replacements for the originals. Its also cheap so it works for me!

It is better than stock, agreed, but for the work involved on a retrofit you'd be far better off with aftermarket. You do realise you need to change all the speakers, the sub, the amps and refit a completely new loom front to back and new speaker wiring front to back. For that amount of work you could add one aftermarket amp, sub and new speakers and get an excellent sounding system, rather than the slight improvement of Bose.

Yeah I understand whats involved, but my labour is free so the cost wont be high. Should only take 1 day to install.

I got the parts very cheap though so I'll be more than happy with an improvment in sound, and the bonus (to me) of keeping the car looking OEM. I dont want extra amps and subs taking up space in the boot.

OK, but an aftermarket install can be completely hidden, the days of a boot full of electronics and speakers are way in the past.

Andy of top of your head can you remember the speaker wire colours going into the bose amp on 8P(i know being lazy but u know these things like back of hand)

Reason wanna know is I'm gonna relay a leg of each speaker so when I reverse I dont have the radio blasting as the reverse mute pin on the rns-e becomes obsolete when using the oem bluetooth module as it uses canbus to mute stereo when using phone, tried it & grounding the mute pin when bluetooth isntalled & coded does nothing now & me & PetrolDave while ago suspected this to be the case, whats strange is the pin becomes active when the bluetooth module is in use as the module actually grounds the pin, but as soon as you finish your call & back to radio the pin is useless, how strange & stupid is that huh, so only way to mute on reverse is to relay speakers so one leg is of when reversing.

Moved from a General Chat thread for the benefit of other users searching posts

Andy, different thread but you know when we were discussing the Bose amp & canbus other day, as you've now confirmed the amp doesnt have any canbus, effectively I could relay the power of the amp so when I reverse it mutes the sound without throwing a code in vag, instead of relaying one leg of each speaker at the amp, saves me time & multiple relays or is there a diag of some shape or form with the head unit I should be aware of & I know its asking alot, but do you know the speaker wire colours for each on the amp incase I relay these in the end, if asking to much just say so.

Thanks.

NHN.

Nigel, I'd just intercept the remote on to the amp and stick a relay on it so that when engaging reverse it cuts the 12v turn on signal to the amp.

Many thanks for that, I just hope it doesnt give me any speaker popping when amp is powered of like that & on again, you dont foresee any issues do yer fella?

Reason I was thinking speaker relays was so I could have just the phone one working if I had a call in process as it does just operate 1 doesnt it?

No, Bose speaker popping is down to the pre-outs/RCA's not the remote on.
Unfortunately it will kill all speakers, what I'd do is disconnect the centre speaker as it's hideous, and use that for the phone.

ah ok, problem is the btooth module is all tied in with the rns so cant power tel speaker seperately I dont think as all comes through the rns anyway not direct feed, I will check if rns has a seperate phone speaker out on top label