EM TuningBadger5
    Reverse Gear

Status

rns-e upgrades - help required please

hi guys,

recently bought allroad tdi limited edition which has rns-e navplus.

however the telephone and tv functions are missing.

wanting to upgrade to have full bluetooth functionality integrated into rns-e as opposed to going the 'parrot' route. whats the best kit to look for and where can i find it??

not so bothered about getting the tv working but it'd be nice for if i was on a long trip (not that i do that very often either), again what options are available to me for upgrading to say a freeview tuner?

thirdly, i'm looking for some sort of ipod connection for my 1st gen nano, preferrably that would again integrate into the rns-e and show song titles/artwork etc

Finally, how easy is it to upgrade to a m/f steering wheel??

I'm busy scouring the forums to see what i can find out, but thought i was as well posting my intentions to see what advice etc was forthcoming!

cheers guys

Chris

2. # ADS
    ADS

4th Gear

Status
    phone functionality is easy - you will need the audi bluetooth phone module and a loom to connect it to the rns-e, along with the oem mic and lead

see www.navplus.us

nothing will integrate the ipod to rns-e with text /titles - just cant be done cos the changer interface doesnt send cd text.

for a fully integrated mp3 system the phatbox system is hard to beat = it uses voices to guide the user throught gigs of mp3s and integrates with any audi head - the head thinks its just got a standard changer connected. its out of production now but can be had cheap on ebay, particularly from the usa. it can be patched easily to use large disks - i have a 160gig laptop drive in mine about 1/2 full.

the tv stuff is very expensive to integrate properly using oem - you can get the factory tuner, but the antennas around the boot would need replacing at about 400! - you can get a video-in module and remove the tv in motion lock on the rns-e and use an aftermarket tuner/remote/antenna quite easily though

try browsing the above site /forum and look at www.kufatec.de
    TT-RS 410hp revo
    Fiat 500 1.3 tdi 120hp
    A3 8P 2.0tdi 240hp Autograph Cars
    RS4 B5 520hp MTM
    S3 8L 345hp MTM
    Volvo 850 T5 300hp BSR
    Fiat Punto GT 130hp
    Lancia Delta Turbo 185hp
    Lancia Beta Coupe 122hp
    Mini 74hp

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by dunk View Post
    nothing will integrate the ipod to rns-e with text /titles - just cant be done cos the changer interface doesnt send cd text.
    Thats one of the major failures of the RNS-E in my opionion. Audi really missed the boat in this department. Sadly with the introduction of MMI deveolpment has really slowed/stopped on the RNS-E. However the American market will be getting an Ipod adapter that shows track details on the screen - It emulates the satellite radio tuner option they get so it'll never be available in Europe sadly.

I went a slightly different route and installed a media player instead, all controllable from the head-unit. Not quite Ipod integration but it holds 320GB of music and video so it will do for now.

MFSW should be pretty straightforward, you might need a new steering ECU in order to get it working though (might not be required if you already have cruise control).
    A6 3.0 TDI.