Problems with Phat Noise.....??

Essflee

Reaction score
If somebody could please help.....

I've got a Phat box from my previous A3 8L, but i now want to install into my S3 8L.... problem is that the S3 didn't have the cable installed so i've bought one off e bay, it's the cable with the blue block on the end but when i pull out the stereo i can't seem to see where it goes....
If i pull out one of the blocks that seems to run my Sub then their does look the perfect place for the blue cable to go, however i cant then plug the sub block back in. Even with the blue cable plugged in i still don't seem to have any life in my phat box.....:think:

by the way the head unit i have is the single cd font loader....

Any help is appreciated....Thanks !!

You need one of these:
http://enfigcarstereo.com/shopsite_sc/store/html/PIE_AA3_HAR.html

This allows you to plug the single black connector into the adapter, which then gives you the multipart connector to slide the blue changer cable onto. Doubt you'd get any life from the PB with just the blue connected as your S3 needs the CANBUS attached in order to work and that's the other part of the black plug. The other option is either cut off the surplus part of the black connector, or get a pin removal tool and take the pins out of the blue plug and reinsert them into the black one.

I may order the pie device cheers, although it does seem quite bulky with the box attached to the leads, i don't know whether it will sit behind my stereo ok or not....if i pull the pins from the blue block and re-insert them in my original Audi block in the back of the stereo do i literally mirror their positions, only reason i ask is after looking at the above Audi fitting web site i see number 10 is the cd ground which is located out of the area i thought i would be working...if you see what i mean ??

Thanks.........

yes you can pull the pins from the audi original loom plug and replace the same cd changer leads from your phatbox cable - make sure there is an earth cable included with the cd changer lead that goes to your phatbox - (thats the number 10 outside of the main block) i bought an ebay audi changer cable and it didnt include an earth wire - had to run 1 parallel to the back of the head unit to get the phatbox to power up at all.

Dunk... i dont think i need to pull any wires from the original Audi loom because the right hand side of the block is completely empty, i was just going to pull off the blue plug and mirror the order to the spaces i have free on the original block from the back of the stereo, it was the earth i was worried about, the blue plug has 8 wires going into it.....
Thanks for the reply......

thats even easier then cos getting the pins out of the audi plug is a complete ***

yes you just need to hook up the earth lead and the 8 changer wires and off you go...

You need one of these:
http://enfigcarstereo.com/shopsite_sc/store/html/PIE_AA3_HAR.html

If any one can help....

The pie cable i ordered from America has arrived, problem is i'm still not getting a lot of joy. When i tried this morning all i seem to get is a weak red light flashing on the front of the PB, when ipull the cartaridge from the PB i get both green and red lights come on for a couple of sceonds and then nothing. Do you think it could be the blue cable i bought off e-bay apparently some don't have an earth, i don't really know either way. I could buy one from Audi for about £80ish but its may not cure the problem......any help is appreciated !!
Thanks.......

Been doing some digging about on various other sites and on reading one mans complaint, sounds very similar to my problem. Apparently he solved his because the cd cable in his boot needed earthing. Mine isn't in the boot as i bought one off e-bay, if that is the problem then how do i go about sorting my ( starting to get very frustrared) problem.....
Thanks in advance........

Take offthe blue connector and put it straight too the stero plugs thats what i did theres even a diagram kicking round on this site about where too put the pins
Thats what i did anyway works a treat!