Chris NottAH Fabrications
Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Epsom, Surrey
    Posts
    233

    ALPINE X100 - Tuner signal POOR

    Just bought ALPINE X100 and the tuner (radio) signal is soo poor on it more so in built up areas.

    I had no problem with my fatcory HU.

    Any ideas or anyone else got this with this HU?

    btw the car's areial cable had another little connector which had no where to plug into on the new HU, any ideas what this is for?

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Global
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #2
    Moderator

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    World of my own
    Posts
    9,813
    You need the antenna amp adapter in order to power the beesting aerial.
    http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/aeri...tor-p-211.html
    "How to tear apart the ties that bind, perhaps fcuk off might be too kind"
    Alex Turner

  4. #3
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Epsom, Surrey
    Posts
    233
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyMac View Post
    You need the antenna amp adapter in order to power the beesting aerial.
    http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/aeri...tor-p-211.html
    Awesume thanks dude

  5. #4
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Epsom, Surrey
    Posts
    233
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyMac View Post
    You need the antenna amp adapter in order to power the beesting aerial.
    http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/aeri...tor-p-211.html
    Got this adapter but the extra blue wire connector is different to audit wire so won't interconnect.

    Now am i thinking right or does this need to connect somewhere else?

    Your help will be much apreciated

  6. #5
    PVO_Dave's Avatar
    Back in a Quattro :)

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Herts
    Posts
    72
    Use the 'remote' wire from your H/U (the same one that would turn on a power amp - normally blue with a white stripe)

    HTH
    Dave.

  7. #6
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Epsom, Surrey
    Posts
    233
    Right after a little time of having a solution i ended up with a flat battery.

    Basically i can't use the remote amp wire as if you reliase this is already in use with the current factory fitted AMP which powers the rear sub and speakers so i used the red wire which worked but then gave me a flat battery as it must allways be on.

    So i need to ask your opinion on how i could get round this and what other people have done?

  8. #7
    Moderator

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    World of my own
    Posts
    9,813
    Just piggyback it onto the remote amp wire, or worst case piggyback it onto the ignition on feed to the HU not the permanent live (which, as you know, will flatten your battery). Ignition on is the yellow wire with red stripe.
    "How to tear apart the ties that bind, perhaps fcuk off might be too kind"
    Alex Turner

  9. #8
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Epsom, Surrey
    Posts
    233
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyMac View Post
    Just piggyback it onto the remote amp wire, or worst case piggyback it onto the ignition on feed to the HU not the permanent live (which, as you know, will flatten your battery). Ignition on is the yellow wire with red stripe.
    Yeah i was thinking of using that option but need to find different connector to do that.
    Btw how can i have my HU turn off when pulling eye out or turning ignition off as i have to turn it off every time?

    Cheers

  10. #9
    Moderator

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    World of my own
    Posts
    9,813
    Depends on the age of your car. If it's 2000 or earlier then you will have an "ignition on" feed already going to the HU, but you'll need to swap the positions on the connector as Audi wire perm live and ignition on live the wrong way round. If it's newer then you won't have an ignition on feed at all at the HU, so you'll need to run a wire from the Radio (S-Kont) fuse (if you have one) and use this as the ignition on feed (red wire on the HU). This will then switch the HU on when you turn the ignition on and switch it off when you pull the keys out.
    "How to tear apart the ties that bind, perhaps fcuk off might be too kind"
    Alex Turner

  11. #10
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Epsom, Surrey
    Posts
    233
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyMac View Post
    Depends on the age of your car. If it's 2000 or earlier then you will have an "ignition on" feed already going to the HU, but you'll need to swap the positions on the connector as Audi wire perm live and ignition on live the wrong way round. If it's newer then you won't have an ignition on feed at all at the HU, so you'll need to run a wire from the Radio (S-Kont) fuse (if you have one) and use this as the ignition on feed (red wire on the HU). This will then switch the HU on when you turn the ignition on and switch it off when you pull the keys out.
    it's 2002.

    Sounds like alot of hassle when i can just turn it off manually.
    I was just being lazy.

    Cheers anyway

  12. #11
    Moderator

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    World of my own
    Posts
    9,813
    Yes, 10 minutes of pure hassle!
    "How to tear apart the ties that bind, perhaps fcuk off might be too kind"
    Alex Turner

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO