ALPINE X100 - Tuner signal POOR

audi18tdan

Reaction score
Just bought ALPINE X100 and the tuner (radio) signal is soo poor on it more so in built up areas.

I had no problem with my fatcory HU.

Any ideas or anyone else got this with this HU?

btw the car's areial cable had another little connector which had no where to plug into on the new HU, any ideas what this is for?

Use the 'remote' wire from your H/U (the same one that would turn on a power amp - normally blue with a white stripe)

HTH
Dave.

Right after a little time of having a solution i ended up with a flat battery.

Basically i can't use the remote amp wire as if you reliase this is already in use with the current factory fitted AMP which powers the rear sub and speakers so i used the red wire which worked but then gave me a flat battery as it must allways be on.

So i need to ask your opinion on how i could get round this and what other people have done?

Just piggyback it onto the remote amp wire, or worst case piggyback it onto the ignition on feed to the HU not the permanent live (which, as you know, will flatten your battery). Ignition on is the yellow wire with red stripe.

Just piggyback it onto the remote amp wire, or worst case piggyback it onto the ignition on feed to the HU not the permanent live (which, as you know, will flatten your battery). Ignition on is the yellow wire with red stripe.
Yeah i was thinking of using that option but need to find different connector to do that.
Btw how can i have my HU turn off when pulling eye out or turning ignition off as i have to turn it off every time?

Cheers

Depends on the age of your car. If it's 2000 or earlier then you will have an "ignition on" feed already going to the HU, but you'll need to swap the positions on the connector as Audi wire perm live and ignition on live the wrong way round. If it's newer then you won't have an ignition on feed at all at the HU, so you'll need to run a wire from the Radio (S-Kont) fuse (if you have one) and use this as the ignition on feed (red wire on the HU). This will then switch the HU on when you turn the ignition on and switch it off when you pull the keys out.

Depends on the age of your car. If it's 2000 or earlier then you will have an "ignition on" feed already going to the HU, but you'll need to swap the positions on the connector as Audi wire perm live and ignition on live the wrong way round. If it's newer then you won't have an ignition on feed at all at the HU, so you'll need to run a wire from the Radio (S-Kont) fuse (if you have one) and use this as the ignition on feed (red wire on the HU). This will then switch the HU on when you turn the ignition on and switch it off when you pull the keys out.
it's 2002.

Sounds like alot of hassle when i can just turn it off manually.
I was just being lazy.

Cheers anyway