RNS-E BOSE / GALA setting S3 8P

Whiteatom

Reaction score
Can anyone confirm where the setting on the RNS-E for BOSE / GALA setting is stored ie does VAG com alter it on ecu or the unit itself ?

Does anyone know the code values etc to alter it from BOSE to GALA or anyone in the Sheffield area I could pay beer tokens to alter for me ?

Lastly will the RNS-E still work correctly if I have a aftermarket system fitted b4 I get it changed ?

Many thank in advance

Matt

RNS-E will still work correctly as long as you connect the wiring to it correctly yes, no reason why it shouldnt at all.

What have you got now & what are you trying to acheive?

Gala is the non Bose system which can be altered/adjusted.
The Bose speed sensitive system cannot be altered as far as I'm aware. There were a few threads on here about it and I seem to remember you're stuck with what Bose consider to be the best setup (as with all things Bose) and thus most people turn it off, a bit like the shyte Bose super flat EQ - I'd like the bass & treble controls to actually change the bass & treble please!

Adaptation Channel of the RNS-E 0-7 GALA & and then 255 for BOSE.

Also pin 7 of connector B must be grounded for BOSE.

Coding of the RNS-E must be 0xx9xxx for BOSE as well.

"Also pin 7 of connector B must be grounded for BOSE" - that's the flat EQ selector, say goodbye to the highs & lows!

Thanks for all your replies.

I currently have RNS-E , BOSE and ipod adaptor from factory.

I want to remove BOSE and have aftermarket amps and speakers fitted. I know I need to alter from BOSE set up ie Audio pilot to GALA which is speed sensitive.

I want to try this before I get a JL audio clean sweep or aftermarket headunit if I do not like the sound.