EM TuningJMB Retrofits
    Neutral

Status

Auto Acoustics A4 Avant Stealth sub box

I've spoken to Auto Acoustics about a stealth sub box for an A4 avant B5 and they have said they would be interested in making one for the b5 avant if i can get enough people interested. Apparently it costs them about 2000 to get the tooling made up but the quality is very good. The current one for the saloon version costs about 189 ish and is made of fibreglass and mdf with all the baffling and wiring points ready to just attach your sub. If seriously interested could you let me know, we need about 8-10 people and obviously there will be a lot of input to get it as flush as possible to be able to use all of your estates boots space. Intention would be to use the rear cubby holes without damaging any of the factory trim and would be much flusher than the saloon version as you have more side space to work with. Thanks.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Status
    The one they do for the saloon is garbage, I've tried it. It's very flimsy fibreglass and performs hopelessly. Sold it on ebay in the end. You really can't beat 18mm MDF (no matter what people say).
    "How to tear apart the ties that bind, perhaps fcuk off might be too kind"
    Alex Turner

Neutral

Status

sub box

hi andy - was this the A4 one? Can you be pursuaded to start making one for the avant out of mdf, my understanding is that auto acoustics have stiffened everything up now and of course they haven't made one for the Avant as yet and are willing to start from scratch, personally i just wish someone would come off the fence and start making a stealth box for the avant and at least auto acoustics are willing to consider it and we could have some input into the construction. If you are willing to give it a go -please give me a pm and thanks as always for the input, cheers.

Status
    Yes it was the A4 one, it's the only one they do for Audi's.
    The Avant should be very straight forward as we have more room to play with. It doesn't have to be a complex shape like the saloon. I'd be happy to do one if you want to lend me your boot for a few hours.
    "How to tear apart the ties that bind, perhaps fcuk off might be too kind"
    Alex Turner

Neutral

Status

sub box

thanks for the help Andy, pm sent.