Backup Copy RNS-E Nav DVD

heli_madken

Reaction score
Hi, sorry if this has been posted before but I would like to know how to make a copy of my NAV DVD.

I am getting a bit paranoid as my original has refused to read on occasion, I have tried creating an ISO image of the DVD and burning it to +R DL discs but it refuses to read, I guess there is something else about the disc that my buring software isnt picking up.

Does anyone know any software that will burn correctly or how this is done?

Cheers

:hi:Have you checked the DVD to ensure there are no marks grease or scratches, what software are you using. If you are using Nero you should be able to just copy disc. Are you using any de-encoding software such as 'Any DVD'. :kissmyrings:

As long as you're doing a personal backup then, for best results, use Verbatim DVD+R DL discs and burn using clonecd and a pioneer burner if possible, I don't believe there is any copy protection on the original.

I use a backup copy and leave the original in the house.

Thanks everyone, reading through the forum it sounds quite tricky to make a backup, the consensus is what 3.2 JU says, ive tried CloneCD and Philips +R DL on my Freecom DVD RW but no luck, there is obviously some form of copy protection on the original which is a little scratched, seems to hiccup when the drive is working hard and warm.

Guess I iwll have to try the Verbatim and Pioneer route!

Second that on the verbatim discs never use anything else & have never had a failed copy. I dont have any pioneer drives in my pc. If your disc is scratched that could be your problem.

Bought myself a Pioneer 112D writer and some Verbatim Discs, already have CloneCD so will give it a whirl see what happens.

I think a lot depends on which area and what generation of DVD Disc you are trying to backup, I will let you know how I get on

Nailed it, Pioneer 112D writer, Verbatim DVD+R DL disc, Alcohol 120% with book type set to DVD-ROM, wish I had done it in the first place. Nav system seems to be running fine now :o.k::laugh:

there is absolutely not any copy protection, just that most dvd writers dont do the dual layer break properly and the nav disks are sensitive to this

all the pioneer writers seem to get this right, so most copy software works fine with the correct writers.

i also tested about 12 different types of media, and the only reliably read one is verbatim dvd+r, but you dont need to write at 1x or 2x - just the speed of the media

the correct media is mkm001 type. verbatim dvd-r doesnt work properly