Badger5Monster Motorsport
    Id
    Neutral

Status

Audio system upgrade?

Ok, have an MY01 S3 running the concert system.

Going to be doing some interesting things with it to see what happens. I can afford to sacrifice just under half the boot space if need be, and make a custom fibreglass subbox. What I am thinking of doing is removing the sub and stacker from the left rear and using that space as part of the box for a 10' sub. Is this a feasible approach?

The second questions is I'm looking at some custom pods to fit some 6' splits to the front. Is this achievable?

Oh yeah, I'll be getting a custom dash set up done at the same stage to get a decent head unit installed.

Feasible or just a pipe dream?

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status
    Hi,

There are a lot of threads in the ICE section on this sort of thing, usually with the best comments by 'andymac' and 'dualmono'.

Andy has a design for a small sub enclosure which replaces the stock one with apparently huge improvements. I'll hopefully be getting one in the next month or so...

I also saw a post a while back with some custom footwell pods, which may be what you are after.

Cheers,
    Alistair

"Why don't you listen to something really classical, like Mozart, Mendelssohn or Motorhead?"
    Arnold Rimmer, 1988

Commuting & Weekend Fun:
    Yamaha YZF-1000R Thunder Ace in Blue/Black

Practical Alternative (Still fun though!!):
    S3 2002/51 AMK Silver, Symphony II + Bose + xCarLink + AndyMac Stealth Sub, Metallic Mirrors, Heated Black Leather, Cruise control.

Id
    Neutral

Status
    Cheers for that. If I was in the UK I'd be getting one of those sub enclosures without a hesitation. But I'm thinking the postage would make it uneconomical to get it sent to Australia.

I did a quick search for the info, but will do another one. The pods was an after thought, and I'm pretty sure can be done. My main area that I want clarified is the sub. My previous install in an e36 had a custom enclosure with a single 10' dvc sub, so want clarity and punch rather than loud sound.

Given my location, Andy, would it be possible to get a guide to making it sent over so I can get constructing? I will gladly pay for it as it seems to be a suitable approach

Status
    I don't have a guide to making it, even if I sent you the templates I use they wouldn't be a lot of use to you as there is quite a bit of planing & routing needed to create the strange shape the enclosure has to be to fit properly. The curved part is also quite tricky to construct as it requires a rebate running the whole length to fit over the wheelarch seam.
    It costs 60 to send one to Oz, so not completely out of the question.
    "How to tear apart the ties that bind, perhaps fcuk off might be too kind"
    Alex Turner