Cannot remove Concert HU from 8L

kohoutec

Reaction score
Got a slight problem here...I need to remove my HU as my dension Icelink is faulty. I've removed the HU in the past (to fit the Icelink) and have the correct removal tools. However, when I inserted the keys earlier there was a horrible clicking noise from the left one, and now the key just slots in and doesnt lock onto anything (the right one is still ok).

So, I've obviously broken something :sorry: - Is there a reasonably easy way I can get the HU out?

Cheers

Remove the glovebox and force it out from behind, or prise off the whole front panel on the HU which will give you access to the broken spring clip, which you can then coax out with long nose pliers.

Does the front fascia just clip on, thought had small torx screws, I would go with glove box idea mate as thats a 10 minute job & the black surround on the 8L is bolted in place behind the radio with 2 bolts, so that will break that trim if you do that which is £50 alone I think, am I right andy?

Thanks guys, I'll tackle the glovebox at the weekend.

Cheers

No the whole of the front of the radio is just clipped on, but prising it off without damaging it or the fascia requires a delicate touch.
If one side is free then it should be relatively easy to force it out. IIRC the spring clips don't latch onto the plastic so you shouldn't have any worries on cracking the centre trim.