s3 with bose or not???

s3_kev

Stage2'd!!!!!!
Reaction score
i fairly recently brought an s3 8l and thought it had bose stereo as it comes up on the head unit when turned on but there is no bose badges on the speaker grills does this mean the speakers arn't bose, and if not whats the best to upgrade to as they cant seem to handle the power when turned up loud i want to keep the trims looking standard i also see that andymac does a sub enclosure upgrade that ill be looking at next month

If the system is Bose your sub box will have two small subs in it, if its non Bose it has a single slightly larger sub. The andymac stealth sub is a must for the S3 imo a truly awesome setup i use Alpine Components in the front (5 1/4" Diameter just make sure they are slim as you havent got much mounting depth to play with) and Focals in the back (6 1/2" dia iirc, those loads of room in the rears so no mounting depth issues). Unfortunately the speakers are mounted to the flimsy door cards so you will never get brilliant sound from them, I made some MDF mounts to mount them to the cards which improve things slightly. Dont buy the plastic adaptors you can get from the likes of Autoleads they are rubbish much better to make your own.

ok cheers for the info ill try and have a look tomoz but think ill upgrade the whole setup anyway so will have to look into the best setup i can with out making any interiour alterations as want factory look,

Sorry mate should of made it clearer, mine looks factory still, the MDF mounts i made fit to the back of the door cards, so you cant see them when the door cards are fitted to the car. They stiffen up the mounting surface for the speaker and allow you fit standard four screw mounted speakers to the audi door cards which use a three screw mounting system. Like you it was important to me to keep the car looking factory inside, it sounds much better than any standard S3 ive been in with or without Bose.