Chris NottSky Insurance

Thread: Radio Reception

Neutral

Status

Radio Reception

I've just replaced a Sony HU with a Pioneer P88RS and the iPod CD-IB100II interface in my A3.

I have an aerial amplifier between the HU and the original lead and it is connected to the remote out of the HU for power.

The radio reception is really poor! I have the HU and the iPod adaptor all running off the same ground and have the aerial amp connected to the farka input on the original loom.

Anyone any suggestions for improving the reception. The reception wasn't great with the Sony but it is worse with the Pioneer. I'm thinking it might be having the iPod unit on the ground too that isn't helping?

TIA
    A3 2.0TDi Quattro Black Edition Sportback : Phantom Black

2. # ADS
    ADS

Neutral

Status
    i'm assuming you've got the aftermarket in line aerial amp with seperate blue? lead coming off it which is supposed to go to a switched live. have you checked the power suppy to the aerial amp for power when ignition on. i've got same hu and perfect reception, cheers

Neutral

Status
    Turned out the aerial amplifier had bit the dust.

I must say the Pioneer is an excellent HU. Makes a world of a difference even over the Sony 850 that I had in before.
    A3 2.0TDi Quattro Black Edition Sportback : Phantom Black