oem cd changer

CarloTT

Reaction score
[ QUOTE ]
What is it like to be able to rev her up past 5500 rpm?

I briefly hit 6200 by mistake and I can't wait to go up to 8000. I booked my car in when I picked her up for Feb 12th which seems like ages away /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a great feeling after three weeks of driving like a Volvo driver! Love to hear that beautiful noise coming from the tailpipes! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/MexWave.gif

[ QUOTE ]
i've just turned 4000 miles and I can honestly say that my car feels much faster and more responsive than it did after the 1250 miles run in service. I've been told it gets better too. Hard to imagine!

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolutely true! I took my last M3 up to 13k before it was replaced and it seemed to get faster and faster every 1000 miles. An absolutely stunning drive. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggrin.gif

i am thinking about fitting an audi cd changer to my 99 a3 tq.

i have been told that the cable is already fitted into the boot area,is this correct?

is there a bracket fitted also?

what about power?included in fitted cable?

so is it a question of plug and play?

finally,what cd's will a standard factory unit read? cdr cdrw?

thanks in advance.

I'd love to be corrected, and you be right, therefore its an easy install for you, but from my experience Audi don't put any extra cables in other than those necessary. The reason I say this is because on my last car (2002 A3 1.6SE) I wanted to fit front fog lights, getting the parts was easy, I expected to take of the grills at the front and find the connections there ready and waiting, no such luck. This should have been obvious to me as the light switch had no setting for front fogs D'oh. Anyway, as I say hope I'm wrong and it's a simple plug and play job.

Christian

hi,i need some more help!

i have just bought a cd changer from ebay.

i have had a look in the boot and the plug and cage are there.

my question is,does the cage hold the cd changer? or is it secured with screws or anything?

also,is there any foam/padding between the cage and the changer?

it should arrive this week,so i would like to be prepared for fitting it.

thanks in advance.

p.s if there are screws involved,could i get these anywhere? or from the dealer?