How to make Ipod touch work with head unit

rhubarb4

Certified Audi nutter
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Hi I have just bought a Ipod Touch and want to connect it up to my stereo, The head unit is a Kenwood kvt-729DVD single din screen. I have a Kenwood IP300V connection lead, but when I connect the Touch upto it nothing happens, just comes up disconnected on the monitor and an apple apears on the ipod touch's screen. So I tried selecting a song on the Touch then connected it up, it worked until i tried to select a new song, then it stopped playing music and the apple sign was back again and the screen came up disconnected. If I use my origional Ipod Video everythings fine music and video play fine and can select everything from monitor screen.

anybody know how to get it to work Thanks Chris,

From reading around it seems that most if not all of the iPod interfaces don't guarantee 100% function with the iPod Touch. I'm guessing there must be a different protocol on the dock connector?

From reading around it seems that most if not all of the iPod interfaces don't guarantee 100% function with the iPod Touch. I'm guessing there must be a different protocol on the dock connector?

Hi thanks for the reply, its sorted now. Went on the Kenwood site and found an update to download on to the stereo now im happier as it works only downside no update for playing video music only