Kenwood KVT 729DVD

rhubarb4

Certified Audi nutter
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
:uhm:Hi, I have the above DVD head unit with a IP300V Ipod connection lead.
What i'm having problems with is when I play music videos through the unit, all is fine until I turn off the stereo or the ignition, as when I turn the stereo on again it just comes up with no Ipod video signal, and has started playing normal music from my playlists. In other words it seems to have no video memory, but if im playing music from the Ipod then turn the unit off when i turn it back on then the music starts from the place it was tuned off from. Is there something im missing.

Any help would be great thanks. Chris

You need to swap over the perm live and ignition on live. Audi wire them back to front, so essentially you have no perm live going to the perm live of the new HU, so the HU loses it's memory everytime you switch off the ignition. All presets & radio memory settings will also be lost. The iPOD is unaffected as it has it's own battery power.

Hi Andy, the problem im having is the Ipod playing music videos, but when turning the engine off, or stereo off, loses the position it was on the Ipod. The stereo is fine not losing memory on that just the Ipod, but not on music playlists for example. If I put on Stereophonics, half way through the song, stop and turn the engine off or turn the head unit off, then turn on stereo the song will carry on from the place it was when i swiched it off. But not with videos if im playing a music video, when I turn the head unit back on the Ipod starts from my first song on my first playlist, almost like it resets its self. On the screen it comes up no Ipod video signal Any ideas mate.

Thanks Chris.