Aftermarket Stereo Plug

Nilz

Defo worth the wait :)
Reaction score
OK I had an aftermarket stereo in my A4 and brought an autoleads plug to power the back speakers in there, which i still have, what i want to know is can i put that stereo and use that same plug in the S3?

It isnt a Bose setup, but it does have the sub if that helps...

The S3 currently has a cd changer in the boot and single disc HU in the dash, but im missing my mp3s and better sound quality.

Also, can i connect the speakers directly to the HU rather than an amp if there is one??

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Nilz

Yes it uses the same setup as the A4 so the same adapter will work.
Direct connect the rear speakers would also be an improvement. The CD changer won't work though.

OK that sounds good, thanks for that Andy, im not too fussed about the CD Changer, as I will be using MP3 cd's so will be able to probably fit more tracks on one MP3 CD than all the ones in the changer...lol...

Also regarding connecting the rears directly to the HU, is this a hard job and will the sound dramatically improve??

Hi Andy, i fitted my Sony HU with the same plug, but for some reason i was getting alot of interference when the car is on, it only comes from the back as well, the stereo had a decent earth, but it was the type you know when you rev the car, you can hear it through the speakers...

Any ideas, what could be causing this??

You need to rewire the rears to the HU, the ****** Audi rear amp and wiring will almost always cause alternator whine with an aftermarket HU.

Cheers dude...

I will give that a go when i get round to it, can you please point me in the right direction as to what wires i will need to tap into and where can i find them, so that i can follow them through to the front??

Thanks