Sky InsuranceVolks Autos
    Thats no Moon, Thats a space station!

Status

anyone know if this is any good??

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...MEWA:IT&ih=006

am looking at ways to get MP3 to play in my car without too much hassle etc..
    Audi S3 8L BAM 225 2002 - Ming Blue : Silver Heated Leather, Armrest, RNS-E - Bose, Alloy Mirrors, 18" RSTT`s, Sunroof, Cruise, AutoDim Mirror & Usual S3 Extras.
    Mods : Badger 5 Stg 2 Custom Map, FMIC, 3" DP & 200 Cell Cat, 007P, Jetex Filter & 80mm TIP & Heatshield, Complete LED Kit, Gen VW Aero Wipers, Full Powerflex Kit, R32 RARB, AP Shocks & Springs, 15mm Front & 20mm Rear Spacers, BB Uprated Actuator,
    N249 Delete & Catch Can, AP TVR 4Pot Brakes & DS2500`s, Sachs Carbon/Kevlar Clutch

2. # ADS
    ADS

Reverse Gear

Status
    I have one of those in my A6 and they are very good.

You can get a pair of 2GB SD cards for 14 from Play.com as well at the moment!!!!!

1st Gear

Status
    I dont know about the "2008" version, but on the one fitted in my A3 is restricted to six folders - CD1,CD2 etc with 99 tracks per folder, which can be a pain with albums.

Also it doesnt show track information, but i dont think the more expensive interfaces do either.

Status
    Cool cheers for the info,

Can't really be bothered to change the standard HU but still wanna play MP3s, Good to know it does work as some of this ebay stuff can be very hit n miss.

Were they difficult to install??
    Audi S3 8L BAM 225 2002 - Ming Blue : Silver Heated Leather, Armrest, RNS-E - Bose, Alloy Mirrors, 18" RSTT`s, Sunroof, Cruise, AutoDim Mirror & Usual S3 Extras.
    Mods : Badger 5 Stg 2 Custom Map, FMIC, 3" DP & 200 Cell Cat, 007P, Jetex Filter & 80mm TIP & Heatshield, Complete LED Kit, Gen VW Aero Wipers, Full Powerflex Kit, R32 RARB, AP Shocks & Springs, 15mm Front & 20mm Rear Spacers, BB Uprated Actuator,
    N249 Delete & Catch Can, AP TVR 4Pot Brakes & DS2500`s, Sachs Carbon/Kevlar Clutch

Reverse Gear

Status
    Piece of cake to fit, just have to pull the headunit out using the supplied keys, plug the unit into the cd changer harness and then connect the earth to the stereo. Took me less than 30 minutes to do mine.

A3steve is correct in that the folders have to be set up coreectly and can have six folders with 99 tracks in each. But if you have a few cards with diffrent type of music/artists on then it doesnt really matter about not displaying the track title etc.

Status
    sounds good i like it nice n easy as when i get frustrated thats when things tend to get broken.

1st Gear

Status
    Hi Bob,
    you may also have to enable the external changer setting on your stereo, otherwise it wont look for the device which mimics the standard 6 disc changer.

Its easy to do, just post back if you buy one.

Also if you follow the auction page down - the photo's explain how to connect.

Regards Steve