Random Vibrating Front Door Speaker?!

fran-s3

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hey chaps,

Have the full bose setup and am loving it so far! (I know a lot of people don't but I must say what an improvement after having a normal setup in a golf!)

Have a strange annoyance though, my drivers side front speaker vibrates on certain ranges it's bizzare... (and ruins the song) Like on some of my muse tracks when theres a low frequency sound like there's a 1p piece in it - it's just my front driver speaker that does it all the others are fine!Tried tapping it a few times haha but nothing...

Thinking of taking the door card off and having a peep, anyone come across this before? Any advice of what may be causing it appreciated, its fine on all the other ranges of music..

Cheers!

empty the door pocket and make sure nothing is moving around.

otherwise, maybe a lose screw / or you have blow the speaker.

Sounds like you've blown the speaker as I had exactly the same problem. I ended up replacing mine in the end (but it took me nearly a year to find one second hand). They are £100 each from Audi.

Thanks for the super quick reply guys! £100 each, yikes that's audi parts isn't it for you! Hoping its not blow as it works fine on most othe frequency will try clearing the door pocket and taking off the door card and tightning the screws....

Is it hard taking the door card off.... anyone have a procedure handy?

Cheers

You can pick up a replacement on ebay if it is blown.
Removing the door cards is pretty easy. First lower the windows, then remove the 2 visible screws at the top on either end of the door card, remove the single screw inside the grab handle, push down the plastic cuff inside the grab handle and remove the 2 screws behind it. Pull the whole door card straight up and out, but not too far as you need to unhinge the door release cable and unplug the wiring looms.

Awesome thanks chaps!

Lastly Andy, do you have any links or part no.s o I can search for on ebay? I need a bose front door speaker, not sure if there different to standard a3 ones (surely they are) ?

And finally do they just unscrew out and screw the new ones back in place obv after you've plugged them in? You dont have ro buy any additional adapters or drill out rivets do you replacing like for like?

Cheers gang!

Sorted! Thanks guys, yes was the speaker that was knackered! (after 7 years one was bound to go)

Cheers :sm4: