Dension Gateway 100

Very strange, the picture clearly shows a 20 pin red mini ISO connector and the auction then goes onto state that it will work with a sym 1 & sym II, but then for some stupid reason he mentions a 12 pin quadlock which the sym 1 & sym II do not have.

So my guess is the auction is for the one you want and his description is incorrect.

He also states that it simply "plugs in", but in my installs of dension products they require a ground lead connection, again that can be seen in the picture as the black wire hanging from the harness.

thanks for the reply, very helpful. You seem fairly experienced in this field, will this product give me a readout on my HU/dash of what song is playing?

No it won't, none of the gateway 100, 200, 300 or 400's will show tracks, it's a limitation of the Audi CD changer interface that is used to connect the Dension to the radio.

Not even Audi's own unit will do it.

s8craig said:
No it won't, none of the gateway 100, 200, 300 or 400's will show tracks, it's a limitation of the Audi CD changer interface that is used to connect the Dension to the radio.

Not even Audi's own unit will do it.

That is really gay, like, really really gay... How the hell am I gonna sift through my playlists?

So here's the bad news,

CD1-4 selects the playlist 1-4 in your Ipod.

CD5 last thing that was playing.

CD6 unlocks the Ipod interface so you can select whatever you want.

FF & RW work for skipping tracks etc.

s8craig said:
So here's the bad news,

CD1-4 selects the playlist 1-4 in your Ipod.

I have about 50 playlists, does this mean I can only play the 1st 4?

s8craig said:
from the HU, yes

Thats **** poor, that would mean I would have to reshuffle by whole ipod around. So just to confirm, I can only play the 1st 4 playlists out of about 50 that are currently on my ipod through the head unit? Is there an overide that means i can find songs using the ipod wheel?

Looks like i'll be retracting the bid and buying a new head unit..

I have had two of these, the built in user interface is aweful, but if you mount it within hand reach, you can switch it over to use the ipod interface just fine. Or like me just select shuffle and use ff to skip through. From my experianec it's still the best available option for the price.

I have a Gateway 100 and find the instructions that came with it very difficult to grasp. :banghead:

I have the 6 buttons CD- and CD + which do zip as far as I can tell ??

I have the next and previous track and Rew and FF as the next 4 buttons they are intuitive enough and I can use the rotary tuning knob on the right of the Concert II to go forward and back through the tracks on the Ipod.

I dont seem to be able to select the playlists only scroll through the tracks.

Am I missing something (apart from the necessary Geekiness to understand such gizmos) like naming the playlists , on my X5 I have to have BMW 1 through 5 named play lists

Are you using the Dension user interface on your ipod or have you switched it over to the Ipod UI? That is the first thing I did as I cannot get on with the head unit controls (dangerous while driving).

If you think that is complicated, I also bought the blue-tooth add on, now you need a degree in electronics or something to work that for example, dial last number, select disc six, track 3 then press FF. !! I binned it and got a Parrot instead.

Thanks Rob ,I am using the Concert II head unit for controls as I did not want to mess with the Ipod (old eyes) whilst on the road and I like keeping it out of sight in the glove box.

I had entertained the thought of the Bluetooth add on for the phone but if you need to memorize unintuitive vulcan death-grips to drive the simple functions then I shall give it a swerve!!

Cheers

Sand