Rear Speakers worth the hassle?

klepto

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have got a aftermarket HU with an amp running the front components & sub and the rears powered by my HU or so I thought, it seems turning of the HU internal amp made no diff to the rear speakers, so it seems the audi internal amp was still being used and was the reason for the whine that was comming from them. I disconnected the power to the audi amp from the boot but recently wanted to connect them again but this time bypass the internal amp.

I tried removing the rear panel (3 door) and it was a nightmare, the fronts were easy as pie! Looked in haynes manaul and for the rear panel on a 3dr it has generic instrcutions of look for panels that need to come off first! anyhow I am just wondering is it worth the hassle of taking the panel off so I can rewire the rear speakers to run straight from the HU or should I just be content with the front components? In the process of trying I have managed to scrape a bit of the tailgate, left it open climbed in the car and it moved slightly scrapping on the garage door above it :(

klep

You don't need to remove the panels, all the wiring is on the red sub connector in the rear lefthand cubbyhole, just run new speaker wires to the rear cubbyhole and pick up the feed to the rears from there (pins 2 & 3 and pins 9 & 10):
A3subloompinouts.jpg

Ahh thank you! Dont know if I should be happy or sad about not having to take panel off, damage is done! Hopefully touck up stick will look ok :S