I have tried an RNS-E and was so disappointed with it that I have gone back to the original Symphony II+ in my 2007 A3 Sportback and a Tomtom mount in the ashtray, which is OK, but not perfect.
What I really want is a single unit that gives satnav with touchscreen and customisable POI and the ability to give speed camera warnings (like the Tomtom), together with a tuner and the ability to play large numbers of MP3s either from an Ipod or a USB drive.
The Kenwood DNX7200 seems to do all this but I am concerned about some general issues over fitting an aftermarket headunit.
1) I know that my car has the latest antenna system which caused problems with the RNS-E (ZF to ground error) how does this antenna system work with an aftermarket unit, what adaptors are needed, and will it still generate errors?
2) I have the factory GSM prep & MFSW. Can I still use the factory bluetooth via the DIS with an aftermarket headunit? I presume I could connect the audio from the bluetooth through the new headunit, but does the information for the DIS come from the telephone module or the factory headunit? How would the Telephone module need coding?
3) I know there are adaptors available so that I could still use the MFSW to control the new headunit, has anyone got any experience of how well these work? How would this work bearing in mind question 2? Would the MFSW end up trying to control both the headunit and the phone module when in phone mode?
4) Is there any way to get an aftermarket unit to display info on the DIS like the Audi units do?
5) Has anyone got the Kenwood DNX7200? What do you think of it?