bose sub

sparksys3

Reaction score
does anyone know how 2 connect a bose sub 2 a standard x reg audi s3 system?
my car already has a standard sub if that helps but its pants!!!!!!!

sorry - 2nd glass of wine...zz

dont bother -get an andymac stealth sub instead and love your ears.

I tried fitting a Bose sub to our non Bose A3 and the results weren't good. It uses the same feeble plastic enclosure that you've got already. The Bose version has twice the power, but the tupperware box really is the weak link, I even tried fitting the Bose amp & speakers to my stealth enclosure but it actually sounded worse. If you really want to try it then all you need is some mini spade terminals (as used for the small connections on a car speaker) and some very small male blade terminals (the male version of the above) and some heatshrink sleeving to insulate the terminals. Make up 6 connecting wires with the male blade on one end and the female on the other, then connect the male blades into the left & right pre-outs, remote on, eath & perm live as shown below on your red sub loom, and plug them into the corresponding terminals on the Bose sub. The Bose sub has 2 screens, but you can leave one unconnected and it still works.
You'll also lose the rear speakers as the non Bose sub amp powers the sub and the rears whereas the Bose unit just amps the sub.
A3subloompinouts.jpg

BoseConnectorPinOut.jpg