Cabling and trim

fenian672000

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I am looking to remove my ICE cabling from my headunit to the boot in my A4 1.8t 190 Sport...B6

I have cables running both sides underneath the plastic trim at floor level

Looks like i need to remove the plastic "pillar" trim between the two doors that runs up about half way between the two doors and also a section of plastic trim at floor level at front and back doors.

I have already given it a go but didnt want to force anything so hopefully someone can provide a link or explain a methodical way to do it and let me know if there are any fixings or if it is just popped in place.

thanks
Chris...

All the trim is held on with metal spring clips. Just release the door rubbers and prise it up. I've only done it once a while back so can't remember exactly what order is best but once you get one bit off the rest is pretty straightforward.

cheers Andy....maybe a dumb question but what do you mean by realesing the door rubbers???

some pieces like the kick panel trim also have plastic clips on them which you have to be a little more carefull not to break but most others are either on plastic pegs or spring clips

start at one end either at the kickpanel or the rear seat
each piece interlocks with the next piece which is why you cant simply remove the centre
be very carefull if you have to remove the b pillar trim as the clips are very very tight
to remove that piece you will have to undo the bottom two clips of the upper b pillar trim
+++ do not remove this trim +++ it is exceedingly difficult to re-locate this trim once removed
simply remove the bottom two clips and slide out the bottom b pillar trim
if needed