Symphony II problem

stuart_75

Reaction score
Just refitted my Symphony II after having a normal head unit in for a while. Now everytime I switch it on it reverts back to FM preset 1. This is very annoying if I was half way through a cd as it forgets its place on the disc.

The radio presets are remembered, seems like its doing a soft reset everytime its switched off.

Any ideas chaps?

Yes you need to reverse the perm live & ignition on live. When the aftermarket unit was fitted they would have swapped the 2 lives as Audi wire them back to front on the black power ISO plug, you need to change them back to stock i.e. perm live above the brown ground wire and ignition on live 3rd wire along from the ground.
The stock HU remembers the radio presets regardless of whether it's powered, but the CD position will be forgotten.

AndyMac said:
Yes you need to reverse the perm live & ignition on live. When the aftermarket unit was fitted they would have swapped the 2 lives as Audi wire them back to front on the black power ISO plug, you need to change them back to stock i.e. perm live above the brown ground wire and ignition on live 3rd wire along from the ground.
The stock HU remembers the radio presets regardless of whether it's powered, but the CD position will be forgotten.
Thanks for the reply, Ill check the power feeds.

Edit. I cant get the damm thing out. trying to get 4 keys engaged at the same time is impossible! grrrrrr

Remove the glovebox first and push th unit from the back. Don't wahtever you do try pulling the unit out using the keys as they'll knacker the spring clips. Do each key seperately, push from behind and release each corner in turn, or each side. Once the side of the unit is released it'll stay released unless the unit is pushed back in.