Bose interference with subs

Kev_M5KPL

Reaction score
I am in need of a bit of help.

i have an A3 2.9 TDI i have disconnected my Bose sub and taken out the bose double din headunit nad replaced it with a DVD pioneer head unit.

i have also put in place of the bose sub 2x 12" subs seperately amped. With the auxillary wires and the remote wire obviously running from the hread unit to the amps in the boot of the car.

not i have had to connect the remote wire up to the bose system aswell to one of the speaker cables and the connect the speaker cabled up not there seems to be a bit of a problem with the speaker interference on the auxillarys as i am getting voice through the subs i have urned the lp filter to full adn switched the subs over to LP filter.

now has anyonehad this problem before as it is dramatically reducing the performance in the subs and cause me headache problems as i have not been able to sus this out yet..

any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

If the sub amp is connected via RCA's directly to the new HU's sub pre out, I can't see how on earth you'd be getting vocals bleeding through the subs.
Don't understand the last part, you shouldn't have had to touch the speaker wiring. You just need an RCA input adapter cable to feed the HU front & rear RCA's into the Bose amp loom, job done.
Can you clarify what you mean by "connect the remote wire up to the bose system aswell to one of the speaker cables" as this is plainly not correct.

when i had got the original head unit out i tried to just connect the speaker cables from the new headunit to the original speaker cables .. and i thought that should be job done but until i connected the remote wire to turn on the bose amp the speakers would not work ?.

i am totally foxed by this as i have not connected to a Bose system before i have usually disconnected everything and left the original cables there but rewired and had fully amped system seperately.. nothing to do with the originals.

I know it sounds weird but it is happening?...

i did get a lead with like a resister or capacitor in it to stop feed back i think but when i connected it all up this did not get connected no where ?..

You have a PM, but there are no speaker cables at the HU. All the speakers are connected to the seperate Bose amp. The only connections you need at the HU are the pre-outs (RCA's) at the HU, you will need an adapter to plug into the non standard 20 pin mini ISO loom. The flying lead on this adapter then connects to the remote on or power antenna cable on the new HU.

as said in PM back matey where is the best place to get one of these connector from ?.