Volks AutosMonster Motorsport
    Reverse Gear

Status

What Head Unit...?

Hi,

I changed the Concert to a Sony BT5000 (two weeks). Although i didn't like it, so i've already sold it.

Any advice on a new Head Unit. Currently thinking of either the Blaupunkt Bremen, or the Kenwood KDC - 9537U.

Requirements, needs to be able to illuminate Red. Be able to bluetooth with separate microphone for the phone, and to be able to connect to mp3/usb hub/drive.

Any advice welcome

Thanks,
    Dominic

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status
    YOu will struggle for red illumination, the ones that I have found are certain Alpines, JVC and pioneer. Most units tend to have the flashy 6 million different colours ! I understand why you want to do it, I have a perfectly good DVD head unit but want to change it as its blue not red !
    Gone A3 TDi S Line DSG Bluefined

Now Seat Leon Cupra about to be Bluefined

Status
    Becker provide the closest match, illumination & stylewise:

Not cheap though
    "How to tear apart the ties that bind, perhaps fcuk off might be too kind"
    Alex Turner

5th Gear

Status
    id reccomend something like the alpine ida-x001
    which should tick all the boxes you want as regards colour ,bluetooth and
    connectivity
    also has a lot of other features and doesnt sound halve bad either

would also reccomend the becker cascade pro which again has roughly same features as alpine but is a little more expensive
    2003 pearlescent black s4 avant tiptronic - milltek exhaust - pre cats removed - remapped ...
    koni adjustable suspension front and rear
    alpine f1 dvi9990 -pxah990 headunit and processor - alpine d511r
    4 x focal 5ws midbass drivers - focal audiom 6w midrange - focal tce tweeters - velodyne df 12 sc servo controlled subwoofer
    3 x phoenix gold zpa 0.5 amplifiers

5th Gear

Status
    I thought the Alpine was a blue display, not sure it would fit in though - looks wise I mean.

1st Gear

Status
    i know the Pioneer is blue but some are read a similar thing with the Alpines.

i have just changed over from my Double Din bose and put in a DVD pioneer headunit . and it fits ok with the correct adaptors.

5th Gear

Status
    The Pioneer Double din does red as far as i'm aware and looks very nice.

5th Gear

Status
    the alpine display is switchable between red and blue
    2003 pearlescent black s4 avant tiptronic - milltek exhaust - pre cats removed - remapped ...
    koni adjustable suspension front and rear
    alpine f1 dvi9990 -pxah990 headunit and processor - alpine d511r
    4 x focal 5ws midbass drivers - focal audiom 6w midrange - focal tce tweeters - velodyne df 12 sc servo controlled subwoofer
    3 x phoenix gold zpa 0.5 amplifiers

Neutral

Status
    i've fitted a pioneer deh-p65bt head unit which has bluetooth, seperate mic for your phone, and can display all red illumination too, tons of features on it and all for under £200

Reverse Gear

Status

Nearly there...

Thanks for all the suggestions. I still have no idea, although i do like the look of the Becker. And i may team it up with a Parrot kit for the phone as seems to offer the best clarity.

Now the only issue i have is the aerial in my car is shocking, is it worth replacing the box on the rear window, or should i get the trusty drill out and stick an aerial on the roof?

5th Gear

Status

This is the Alpine IDA-001 installed in a C5 A6 dash. The red illumination is'nt a bad match. About £80 gets you a Bluetooth module for it too.

Before this I had a Pioneer DEH-P75BT which in my opinion is far superior to the Alpine, though it only lights up blue but that never bothered me.

1st Gear

Status
    I can thoroughly recommend the Becker - we had a Becker fitted to our Leon Cupra 18 months ago & its is a superb unit with excellent Bluetooth & it fits into totally with the car. Sound quality excellent as well.

As Andy Mac says it is not cheap (£300 the one we got) but it was well worth it - for what we got we were well pleased.

Have you decided which option yet? (sorry but cant be a help with the aerial - if you've got a trusted ICE installer then I'm sure they can help)

First time Quattro owner & I love it.

Status
    I have the iDA-xoo1 in my B5q and i think it looks fine, my friends tell me it looks better in blue but I just want it to match. Obviously you dont get a cd player with this head unit but ithe iPod interface is excellent and to be honest, who needs cd's anymore? I hardly use them at home yet alone in my car. i f you really want to you can hook up a 6 disk cd/dvd changer.