Concert II in 8L

vegas

Reaction score
I've slotted a concert II into my 99 a3, couple of problems though...
I read somewhere in this forum that you can wire it so that the display illuminates properly, the display stays the same brightness whether the headlights are on or not - anyone got details of how to do this?
Also, when I turn it on, sometime the front speakers don't work, only the rears, could be a wiring problem but if I push the power knob in and out a couple of times, it usually cuts in, any ideas?

Cheers

It's probably a CANBUS issue, does the unit stay on for longer than an hour?
Your A3 does not have CANBUS, whereas the Concert II does.
Check the front speaker loom, the brown plug, this can be a bit floppy as it only has half the connections in it (fronts, no rears).

cheers guys, I found the plastic tab on the brown connector in the back of the unit had snapped, that would explain the speaker problem, now sorted. Will try the soldering mod this weekend.

Have you sold the problem with your front speakers that often would not turn on with the Concert II? I have also replced my Concert with Comcert II on my 2000 Audi A6 and have the same problem with speakers. Do not seem like a contact problem at all. Have u fixed the button illumination problem too?