Sorry Guys, New Headunit Installation again..

bigdom71

Reaction score
I'm new to Audi ownership, and i'm having a few issues changing the head unit. My car is A4 1.9tdi on a 51 plate, with a Concert Head Unit.

I'm trying to wire in a Sony BT5000, without much success, the aim is to use my phone like a good boy and also stream music direct over AD2P.

I gather the Audi wiring loom doesn't provide a switched live, so i will take one from the fuse box (I need to use it for the Molex connection for phone & pda as well).

The main issue is the rear speakers. I've tried to wire them direct last week by cutting the loom, that didn't work - so soldiered them back together and then found out about this canbus system.

So i ordered autoleads PC9-401, still no joy. I now believe my system must have Bose in it, although i have no bose markings on the speakers? I tried to look at the rear speakers, although all hidden except a sub and looks like i require the PC9-408 instead?

I've attached a link, as this is the bit that's causing the issues. Any help would be very welcome.

http://audi-sport.net/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=1525&ppuser=30596

No you don't have Bose (as I'm guessing your front speakers are working).
The loom in the picture is the rear/sub amp input loom. It is not a speaker loom, which is why you can't connect speaker outs to it. To wire the rears directly to the HU you need to run new speaker cable from the Sony all the way to the rear amp in the right rear cubbyhole, then cut the speaker connections at the amp speaker output to pick up the feed to the rears.
Alternatively, you use either of the Autoleads adapters, they're identical except the 408 has the front RCA's on it as well (just ignore these).
Remember you have to connect the flying lead to the power antenna or remote on lead from the Sony, otherwise the amp will not switch on.
There is a small chance you've knackered the rear amp by connecting speaker outputs to the input stage of the amp, depends which wires you connected to what.

I didn't wire the blue lead, so will try that. The rears still work with the Concert attached, so hopefully OK.

Ah that's a relief. Yes nothing will work without 12v on the "remote on" lead

I've now got it up and running, after a little playing found that Fuse 10 provided my switched live, also provides the juice for my brodit connection.

The only issue now is trying to give the cage something to grip on to, so i think i will get the dremel out in the morning, and that should be that..

Right, here we go..

Had the Sony unit in a day, and it will be coming out.

Does the two things i wanted, streams music via AD2P and bluetooth on the phone so i can make calls. However, i don't like the way it sounds (too harsh and weak), or how it looks in my dashboard.

So, anyone have any ideas??

Does anyone have a Dension kit installed, are these any good??

Should i try a Becker & Parrot kit?

All help gladfully received.