Another RNS-E / Nokia phone question?

Keef

Reaction score
Ok thanks to the advice received on this forum i have finally got my Nokia N95working with my RNS-E.
My car has a MF steering wheel and voice function (well i think).

After installing the 810 contacts manager on my phone and getting the contacts to appear in the phone book.
When i press the voice command button and say "phonebook" it tells me the phone book is empty. Anyone know why??

Also when i press the 'mode' button on the MF steering wheel and scroll through the phonebook and then press the button to dial sometimes a get a really loud, long beep sound before it starts to dial. Any ideas?

Any help or advice much appreciated.

Thanks
Keef

The phonebook on the bluetooth is not the phone book on your phone.

You need to add voice tags and numbers for anyone you want to call via voice commands. These are stored within the bluetooth module. I think you can have a maximum of 50 numbers.

Press the PTT button on the steering wheel and say 'help' and she will tell you all the commands to store voice tags.

If you want to look at the names/numbers stored ont he phone just use the left scroll on the steering wheel.

As far as the long loud tone when you make a call. I too very occasionally get this but only since using the iPhone. Never had it it my old Nokias. Scares the hell out of you when it happens though.

Scares the hell out of you when it happens though.
Too F-in right it does!

Thanks for the response Marms!
You're on form today i think you've answered all my posts / questions.
Thanks again

Cheers
Keef

Keef said:
Thanks for the response Marms!
You're on form today i think you've answered all my posts / questions.
I like to help if I can. :icon_thumright:

And I've got nothing else to do as I'm sat waiting 1.25 hours for my connecting train. It's raining and I can't be bothered to venture out of the station into the cold. I'm sat in a Starbucks drinking way too much coffee than is good for you and reading/replying to messages on my iPhone.

Passes the time if nothing else.