RNS-E

Oldskool

Reaction score
Spalding, Lincolnshire & Fraserburgh, Aberdeenshir
I've partiallly fitted my newish RNS-E in my car, few questions though and i'm sorry if it been covered before i've searched and can't find the answer, so here goes,
I've taken out a concert 3(I think) with quadlock connector and i seem to have two aerials in the block already, Is one the sat aerial or could it be something to do with the phone prep although i'm not recieving any sat signal.
Is it likely seeing as i have a shark fin already that the aerial could be wired in?
With the sharkfin if not completely wired from front to back is it wired to the back somewhere and i just need an extension from Kufatec?
What is diversity?
Do i need to change the Bose pin?
Has anyone in Aberdeenshire got VagCom?
Thanks in advance
Dave

Its very unlikely that your sharksfin is GPS capable. No wires for transmitting GPS signal will be fitted in your car unless nav was factory fitted. You'll need to install a GPS antenna. Above the glovebox is a good location.

Diversity is a name Audi use for the twin aerial system, thats why you have 2 aerial connections in the dash.

Yes BOSE pin will need to be moved to the correct location, look at the pin out diagram on the RNS-E.

Just to add to this when the BOSE wire is moved when fitting the RNS-E does the nav unit need to be coded for BOSE also?

Heard it did but not sure...