JMB RetrofitsChris Nott
    Reverse Gear

Status

Unhappy Audi Ipod Adapter

So i bought it, the only thing im happy about is the sound quality! The guy at the Audi told me that i can controll the iPod but i cant!!

Is there ANY way of using the ipod to control the songs? (without disconnecting and reconnecting it)

cheers guys!!

2. # ADS
    ADS

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    Sorry, no, there isn't. If the guy told you that, he was wrong. Take it back and demand a refund on the grounds that you bought it in reliance on a misrepresentation.
    A4 3.0TDi SE Quattro Auto. Factory-fit: RNS-E/bluetooth; F/R parking sensors; full leather/heated front seats; cruise. Retrofit: Remap; Eibach 30mm lowering springs, RS4 RARB; MTEC drilled/grooved discs; 18" RS4 alloys; VW fan washers; Kinetic Digitizor DAB; Blackvue DR380 camera; front armrest; ambient lighting; white LED lights; autodim mirror; Cupra splitter; S-Line door blades; tints; UK pressed plates; MFSW; SDS; TPMS; LED Taillights and DRLs. RS aluminium pedals

Reverse Gear

Status
    So i got an idea what do you guys think ;

when you pull out the ipod dock cable just the slightest bit (so that the left side of the ipod is in and the right side is out.. then you can control the IPOD and the signal is still being sent to the radio!!!

Now that leaves me to believe, that if i disconnect one of the cables that goes to the dock (the one that controls the ipod via the radio controls) then it wont lock the ipod and it will still send the audio through the speakers!!

The only issue will be that the radio controls will not work anymore.

Now im just looking for dock cables and the minidin cable so that i can make my own, experiment with the conncetions and find out which one controls the ipod so that i can leave it disconnected!

what do u guys think about this idea?

Reverse Gear

Status
    Sounds like there is something wrong with the cable and you should return it and get a new one.

You can control the IPod, but the function is limited, I.E next song, next play-list, but you don't get any track information

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by starhannes
    what do u guys think about this idea?
    It's a cr@p idea. Take this one back, like I suggested, get a refund, and then spend the money on an adapter that works the way you want it to by design.
    A4 3.0TDi SE Quattro Auto. Factory-fit: RNS-E/bluetooth; F/R parking sensors; full leather/heated front seats; cruise. Retrofit: Remap; Eibach 30mm lowering springs, RS4 RARB; MTEC drilled/grooved discs; 18" RS4 alloys; VW fan washers; Kinetic Digitizor DAB; Blackvue DR380 camera; front armrest; ambient lighting; white LED lights; autodim mirror; Cupra splitter; S-Line door blades; tints; UK pressed plates; MFSW; SDS; TPMS; LED Taillights and DRLs. RS aluminium pedals

Reverse Gear

Status
    @TDIavant: no no no the cable works, i was only talking about when i dont put it in all the way. it does work as its supposed to however :P

@jdp1962: dont be so harsh i though it was original

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    @jdp1962: dont be so harsh i though it was original
    If you didn't want harsh, you should have asked someone else.

Reverse Gear

Status
    jdp i think u gotta chill man it's all good!

Grumpy Old Man

Status
    jdp i think u gotta chill man it's all good!
    I waas pretty chilled when I wrote that. In fact, I was chilled as a newt, if you get my drift.

Stationary

Status
    What car is the Audi iPod Adaptor fitted to mate?
    I had one fitted to my 06 A4 (Symphony Stereo) and have no gripes with sound quality at all. I know its not as fantastic as some ice installs but it suites me perfectly, does what I wanted, sound is great (for me) downfall, no track titles but I knew it before I bought the adaptor...so I was fully aware of this.

It sounds like a cable is faulty to me, have you had it checked out/asked Audi to replace it?
    2012 A3 Tdi 170 S Line Black Edition