8P Audi Concert into an 8L ?

marms

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the Audi Concert from my 2006 A3 8P will be the same as that fitted to a 2002 A3 8L?

At first glance they look the same, the part number is the same (except it starts 8P0 instead of 8L0).

I don't have access to the 8L to do a physical check but I have someone who wants to buy the radio I removed during the RNS-e upgrade.

Don't want to do the expense of posting it is it's not going to fit.
The only thing I expect may be different is the dimensions of the front fascia.

So.... has anyone ever fitted an 8P concert into an 8L?

I think the 8P HU's all use the new style Fakra aerial plugs and there are usually 2 of them, whereas the 8L has the standard single euro antenna.
They'll also definately be CANBUS, whereas an 02 A3 may or may not be - not sure when they changed, think it was around 02.

Andy,

Thanks for the quick reply.

I should have said, The 02 8L has a Audi concert already in it and it looks identical from photo's of both the front and back of the unit. The buyer simply wants to swap their faulty one for my fully working one. My main concern was if the facia was the same?

They all look the same from the front, are you not bothered that it won't work?

LOL I'm not bothered at all.

Obviously I haven't put my question across very well.

I have a 8P fully working Audi concert that I removed to install my RNS-e
They have a faulty 8L Audi concert.
They want to buy my working 8P version and replace their faulty 8L version with mine.
Look like it is 'plug' compatiable
Not sure if the width or shape of the 8L facia will be different from my 8P version.

As said the aerials won't work, doubt the DIS will either and the CANBUS could be an issue, but at least it'll look the same

Ok, I guess thats a no then.

Thanks for the help. I think it will be easier to not bother trying to sell this to them then.