Monster MotorsportSky Insurance
    Reverse Gear

Status

Bose volume control problems

Hi has anyone had problems with the volume control jumping between dif volumes ie from nothing to very loud if so any ideas where to get it repaired many thanks ?

2. # ADS
    ADS

Self Confessed Nightmare!

Status
    Mine does it too, i put it down to somehow being the cold as its never done it during the summer.

Having said that, my mates fella's CD player indoors does it, as does the tape player in my other mates Punto so i've not got an explaination for it, but we arent alone lol.
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got"

Reverse Gear

Status
    lol cool yes mine only does it in the cold its a common prob so ive been told i have found somewere that sells them for 99 squids so have got one on the way but would be to be good to find a place to repair the old one and gets some dow back with out going to the stealers

Status
    It's a design flaw with the earlier Audi head units. They use a memory chip to store every adjustment you make to volume/bass/treble etc in order that if the unit gets switched off it will retain the settings when you turn it back on even if the battery is disconnected. A bit OTT IMO but the huge meistake they made was making the memory non overwrite, so once the 10,000 locations are filled the whole HU becomes totally random and thus the volume with a mind of its own. And it will only get worse once it's started.
    The fix is quite involved - new memory chip, new firmware and new controller, so not really economically viable. Full explanation is here:
    http://www.erta.ru/review/chorus-problem_eng.shtml

Reverse Gear

Status
    yea dosent sound like a great design really o well thanks