Alpine H.U controlling DIS

karl7900

Reaction score
I've just ordered a new Alpine IDA-X001 headunit for my '98 A6. Now I know it has the capability to control dash displays on certain vehicles.

What I want to know is, is their an adaptor available to control the DIS on my A6 (or any other Audi for that matter)?

Many thanks, Karl.

Thats more or less what I thought. Thanks for your speedy reply:icon_thumright:

Much appreciated, Karl.

I'm still waiting on the Audi Alpine DIS interface for my A3 (8P). Last asked them about a month ago and still no news.

Paul

Did you ask them if they made one and order it or are they in the process of developing an interface for Audi?

Here is their reply : - "No extension to the CAN-BUS interface just yet, is has been in the pipeline for a while now.."

That was a reply on 05/10/07 from UK Alpine Tech Support.

Regards,

Paul

Cheers Paul :icon_thumright: .

I'm about to do an upgrade soon. Is there any news on the CAN-interface from Alpine, or does someone else make one? :confused:

I wouldn't hold your breath, they've been working on it for 3 years now and still not available. Blaupunkt are the only ones who actually have the harness that works, but at £80 it's rather expensive. TBH I really don't know why anyone actually wants this feature, and it certainly wasn't even a consideration when I upgraded both my HU's, you don't even notice it's not there.

I was a bit fast here - I misread the whole, and thought that you could'nt get a MFSW to work with an Alpine HU - my bad :)

The DIS thing is just a nice to have :)