RNS-E and K850i

simonwjones

Reaction score
Just changed my phone to a K850i from my previous K800i.

I know all the previously problems with transfer of phone book etc has I spent hours looking into the problem last year.

This time though the address book uploads fine and it's only the missed, received and dialed calls that dont display.

If I dial from the phone they will appear in the list. If I dial from the RNS-E they wont.

Wierd, If reset the RNS_e and deleted the pairing etc an retried, but no difference.

Anybody else tried one of these with the RNS-E?

Simon

The only time I've had an issue like this before, it's always been resolved automatically after a few minutes, so I just put it down to it needing time to sync.

It may be worth trying www.navplus.us if no one here knows the answer, as they know a fair bit about the RNS-E etc.

Cheers,

Rich

already looked on navplus, theres nothing there. What I have noticed today is that if you dial from the rns-e, the dialed called appears for a few seconds and you can see who you have dialed, only the last call though. It then disappears as if you have never dialed or your doaled calls has been emptied from your phone

Simon

Yes I got a K850i last week and I have exactly the same issue. Phone book transfers fine but no recieved/dialled/missed calls can be accessed.

My old nokia worked perfectly so Im happy the car is not at fault, Im gonna see if there is an updated software version available from the SE website.

Isaac

let me know if you have any joy,

strange that SE have never had any issues with the RNS-E

Simon

I have checked the latest software version from the SE website and it is upto date sadly! The only other thing I can think of is that my BT interface, 8P0 862 335 H, does not fully support the K850i. Maybe the solution requires the use of the later BT module, 8P0 862 335 Q. Just need to find someone who has this version interface and a K850i!