RNS-E MP3 "Mix" not working

Audi-Taff

Reaction score
All,

Just picked up my new Mk2 TT 2.0FSI roadster, now also known as "The Spacehip" by work mates!

Got me a RNS-E full screen Pro Sat Nav too... works fine except I can't get it to keep playing randomly from my MP3 SD card. Plays random OK and says MP3 Card Mix at the top of the screen but as soon as you skip a track that you're a bit bored with, it loses the "Mix" function, and reverts to playing tracks sequentially.

Anyone else had this problem or "is I being a bit thick and doing sumfink wrong???"

Cheers,

Audi-Taff

No this is correct!

Stupid bug that Audi UK don't think is a bug....loads of people compained as you would think advancing the track would skip to a different one but unfortunately any pressing of buttons inc switching to the radio and back results in the mix function being lost and having to manually put it on again!

Hopefully when a new software revision comes out it will be sorted!

Yes, i am exceedingly annoyed by this too. If anyone can tell me how / where to get it updated so that it actually keeps playing shuffle, that would be much appreciated.

Also is anyone a bit disappointed with the shuffle itself? When shuffle is running, it basically chooses 3 tracks at random from one album, then moves on to the next album in the list and does the same, and so on. This simply isnt shuffle when i can pretty much tell what tracks are coming next.

Is Audi using a random number generator program from 30 years ago or something? :shrug:

Again, if anyone's got any suggestions on how this can be fixed, please help!

cheers