A4 B5 Avant rear wiring again....

JayB5UK

Reaction score
Hi, finally got some keys to remove my Symphony unit so I can see if the rear amp is unplugged.

Which side do the wires go and what am I looking for - are they like normal RCA's or is it a multi plug like an ISO block?

It's mini ISO 20 pin plug - long and thin, slots in the top connector on the back of the HU. The multicoloured plug shown below, but yours will be solid black.
AudiMiniISOblock.jpg

Cheers AndyMac, I will look tonight then, hopefully I can pull the HU out without wrecking things! Fingers in the tape slot I expect..

Shame it's gonna be dark after work!

Got it out without any trouble thankfully, but unfortunately it's not as easy as I hoped, everything is plugged in where it should be. ****!

Any ideas where to go now? Is there a fuse for it, or should I go hunting behind the rear boot panels - if so how do they come off?

Sorry to bombard with questions but you know your stuff, I can see from the amount of posts you've put up on ICE.

BUMP

Oh, and God them keys and the removal of them from the HU are a bit of a biatch. Worse than getting the HU out!

You first need to check that the rear amp is getting both a permanent live and a remote on live (on/off with the HU)

OK, when I get the chance and figure how to get to the wiring at the amp I will test it.

My mate came round earlier and used his PDA to do a scan of the car, using VAG-check, similra to VAG-COM really.
Ran a diagnostic on the stereo system and for a minute or so the rear sub and one rear speaker worked, the left one. Then it went off again.
I know it is getting power because when he sat in the back he heard a relay going for it on and off.
I am thinking that maybe one of the door speakers has been bodged and is shorting out, causing it all to turn off possibly?