New A3 Memo Card slots.

wannabe024

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'n new to the board and a new owner an of A3. I'm trying to transfer music from ITunes to a memory card to use in my car. I've got a Sandisk 1Gb card which I've read on this site will work (albeit a little bit slower).

I've transferred my music across and converted it where appropriate to mp3 rather than M4a or M4P, but I keep getting a data corrupted message.

It's beginning to irritate me now. Can anyone put me out of my misery? I have done a search, but can't find anything relavant.

Thanks

wannabe

Welcome to the forum.

First thing to try is:

- Format the SD card.
- Then copy a single mp3 to the cards root folder.
- Make sure the name of the mp3 does not contain any special characters and no spaces.
- Try the SD in the car again.

If it plays then the program you are using to convert the mp3's onto the SDcard is possibly the problem. I use thrupp on a Mac and it works fine. (and it's free).
If it still shows 'corrupt data' then it sounds like your RNS-e doesn't like the SD card. They can be a bit fussy. So borrow/buy another brand and see how you go.

Incidentally, make sure you have normal SD cards and not the newer HC SD as these definitely will not work.

Oh, and did you buy the SanDisk SD card from eBay by any chance?

There seems to be a number of fake SanDisk cardson eBay all the time. They look genuine and have very convincing packaging but refuse to work in many devices.

If the price you paid for the card is less than you would expect then possibly the quality is also?

Thanks for that.

I'll give it all a go. I got the card from Curry's. I can't see anything on it that says HC so I'm not sure how to tell.

Thanks alot

I'll let you know